Online Security & Privacy
How We Protect You
The following security features implemented at Tompkins Trust Company provide another layer of protection against criminals targeting ACH, wire transfers, and online banking:
- Trusteer Rapport (Endpoint-centric fraud protection)
- Fraudulent ACH transaction controls
- Positive Pay
- Debit Card Protection - The protection of your bank information is our highest priority at Tompkins Trust Company. In today's environment of increased fraud and data breaches at major retailers, we are continually reviewing procedures to assure the security of your finances. Here are some things to keep in mind when using your debit card:
- It is always best to do a signature based transaction with your Tompkins Trust Company debit card. However, if your card is declined but you know you have the funds available, please try your transaction again as a debit transaction and use your PIN (Personal Identification Number.)
- Planning to travel? If you are going away on vacation or business, please notify us. This will avoid a service interruption that may be generated by our fraud protection service.
For any issues with your debit card, please contact Card Services at 877-282-0444.
Cybersecurity & Fraud Education
Tompkins Trust Company has partnered with Stickley on Security to offer informative Cybersecurity articles and videos as well as the ability to sign up for weekly Cybersecurity newsletters.
Find out more about current threats and potential risks here:
For more information on Internet/e-mail scams and identity theft issues, visit the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Trade Commission, the National Consumers League, or the OCC Consumer Protection News.