What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking allows you to access most of the same information you view in Internet Banking.
Does Mobile Banking require a smart phone?
No, you can do Mobile Banking from most phones. Non Smart phones can do SMS text only.
Is there a charge for mobile banking?
No, Mobile Banking is free to Internet Banking customers. Your wireless telecommunications provider may charge you for data usage. Check with your provider for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage charges that may apply.
What number do I send text commands to?
How much will I be charged for each text received?
You will be charged the standard SMS rate from your provider (AT&T, Verizon, Cellular South, etc.). Standard/other charges may apply. Tompkins Trust is not responsible for these charges.
How do I cancel my mobile banking service?
To cancel, login to your Internet Banking account and click the Other Services tab and then click on the Mobile tab. Select Un-Enroll and this will deactivate your account.
You can also text Stop All to 469228.
What happens if I change my phone number?
If you switch to a new mobile number, sign in to your Internet Banking account and click the Other Services tab. Then click on the Mobile tab. Select Change Login Details. Change your phone number and select save.
Can you have multiple mobile telephone numbers assigned to one internet banking account?
No. You can only assign one mobile phone number to each internet banking account. .
What do I need to enroll in Mobile Banking?
- Be enrolled in Internet Banking
- Have a valid mobile phone and number
- Have a mobile device with Internet access via a browser and/or have text messaging enabled
- For mobile web browser you must have cookies enabled
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
- Login to your Internet Banking account and click the Other Services tab near the top of the screen. Then click MOBILE BANKING.
- Read the Mobile Addendum to the Internet Banking Agreement. This contains the terms and conditions of use. Click "I Accept" and submit to continue.
- Click on the Enroll link and enter the requested details, including a Mobile Login ID that you select, your Mobile Number and the Mobile Password you select..
- Click Enroll.
- After you enroll, you will receive 2 text messages- the first requesting you to reply YES to finish your enrollment. The second will provide you with the URL for the Mobile Site.
- Once you reply with YES, you will receive 1 more text message —confirming your enrollment to SMS/text for Mobile Banking.
- (Tip: Bookmark our mobile site in your favorites and add the text number to your phone's contact list so you can quickly access mobile banking without having to re-type it each time.)
- A mobile phone number can only be registered under one user
- Only one mobile device per Internet Banking login is allowed to be activated at a time
- Accounts accessed via Mobile Banking are the same ones setup within Internet Banking
- Accounts are identified in Mobile Banking by their account nickname or a masked account number
- Nicknames are recommended to be only one-word to work best with Mobile Text Banking
Is Mobile Banking secure?
Text Banking Security
Each text message request authenticates separately by checking that the mobile number of the device used to send the request corresponds to the device number registered for the user initiating the transaction.
Account values used by text commands are the account nickname used within Internet Banking or a masked account number; they do not contain any unmasked account numbers.
Web Browser Security
Mobile Web Browser Banking (XHTML) uses the same security infrastructure as Internet Banking including:
- HTTPS encryption with 128-bit AES public key encryption certificates for all traffic between the mobile device and the Internet and Mobile Banking servers.
- Connection via secured-socket layer (SSL)
- No data or application pages are stored on the mobile device with each page being retrieved on-demand.
- Authentication is session-based using a Mobile Login; Mobile PIN and the same MFA (Multi Factor Authentication – which is our challenge question process.)used for Internet Banking to authenticate the user for the duration of their browsing session.
- Mobile Password 3-strike Lockout. You can unlock youself by changing your Password within Internet Banking.
What can I do to keep my information safe when Mobile Banking?
For your security, you should:
- Use a different Login for Internet Banking than you do for Mobile Banking
- Set up account nicknames to avoid having to send actual account numbers or other sensitive information via text message
- Delete all text messages from your mobile phone after viewing
- Keep your mobile device’s operating system up-to-date
*For assistance, please contact the merchant where you purchased the mobile device or your mobile carrier
- Install anti-malware software for Internet browsing on your mobile device
- Click on the LOGOUT button after each Mobile Web Browser Banking session
- Use the mobile device’s Passcode/Password Screen Lock functionality, if available.
- Setup email alerts in Internet Banking to monitor account balances
- If using a smart phone, install an app that wipes your data remotely in case the device is lost or stolen.
- Not allow your mobile device to remember login credentials.
- Mobile Logins are not case sensitive but Passwords are.
- Challenge questions, images and phrases are the same ones used for Internet Banking
What should I do if I lose my phone?
As soon as you are aware that your phone is lost you should login to your Internet Banking account and click the Other Services tab and then click on the Mobile tab. Select Disable Mobile Access and this will deactivate your account. When you find your phone you can then reactivate the service. This will prevent anyone who finds the phone from attempting to access your account.
Can I access Mobile Banking from anywhere?
Mobile Banking may not be accessible or may have limited abilities over some wireless networks (i.e. while roaming). The availability, timeliness and functionality of Mobile Banking will depend upon the location, wireless network availability and signal strength, plus the configuration of hardware, software and the wireless device.
What if the mobile App does not work on my Android phone?
The Android App is available for devices running on the Android operating system version 1.6 or greater
Note: Our Android App currently supports firmware version 1.6 and greater. To find out which firmware version you have on your Android device, please follow the steps provided here
How do I get the Tompkins Trust Company app for iPhone?
On your iPhone, go to the App Store and search for Tompkins Trust Company Mobile. Select the app and press the FREE button. Although you will not be charged for the download, your carrier's data charges may apply.