IBM Trusteer Rapport
At Tompkins Trust Company, your security is our top priority.
That’s why we have partnered with Trusteer, an IBM Company, and leading expert in financial security, to offer Trusteer Rapport online fraud protection software, customized to protect users of Tompkins Trust Internet Banking – at no cost to you.
Trusteer Rapport is online fraud and identity theft protection software that protects your User ID, password, and other information from fraudsters. It also helps prevent malware and fraudulent websites from stealing this sensitive information.
Trusteer Rapport is a lightweight security software solution that protects web communication between enterprises, such as banks, and their customers. It implements a completely new approach to protecting customers. By locking down customer browsers and creating a tunnel for safe communication with the online website, Trusteer Rapport prevents Man-in-the-Browser malware and Man-in-the-Middle attacks. It also prevents phishing via website authentication to ensure that account credentials are passed to genuine sources only.
Industry analysts at Online Banking Report described Trusteer Rapport as “...a major boost in fraud protection...” and named Trusteer Rapport “Best of the Web.”
Trusteer Rapport Overview:
- Keeps your computer's connection with our website safe so criminals can't access it when you’re using Internet Banking. Trusteer Rapport can also be used to protect other sites where you use financial information, such as online shopping.
- Trusteer Rapport should be downloaded to each PC or MAC you use to access secure websites, with a login ID and password, to help protect you from Malware, Phishing, Pharming, Session Hi-jacking, and Keylogging.
- Works in conjunction with your anti-virus software and firewall to provide an extra layer of protection.
- Takes only moments to download and install. It begins protecting immediately upon installation with no need to restart your computer.
- Works with the major browsers: Supported Platforms
- Does not interfere with your computers normal processes; runs quietly in the background.
- Alerts you when you visit a fake website that looks like the Tompkins Trust Company site, which may result from Phishing and Pharming.
- No special connection or maintenance required. As future updates become available, they are pushed to Trusteer Rapport automatically at no charge.
- Free to our Consumer and Commercial Internet Banking clients. Log into Online Banking to download now.
Learn more about Trusteer Rapport security software.
Note: By downloading and installing Trusteer Rapport security software you agree with all Trusteer terms and conditions. Tompkins Trust Company is not responsible for, nor do we guarantee, the content or services associated with this product. All problems, questions or concerns regarding Trusteer Rapport security software should be directed to http://www.trusteer.com/support.
TRUSTEER RAPPORT SUPPORT
Thousands of our clients have already successfully downloaded Trusteer Rapport and are using it to protect their online transactions. While very few have experienced issues, we want to remind you that Trusteer provides free online technical support.
If you experience an issue in using Rapport, it is very important for you to first contact Trusteer support or call our Online Banking at 1-888-300-0110 to ensure that the issue is diagnosed properly. (In the few instances where customers have had difficulty, most were resolved simply by adjusting a setting within the software.)
A Frequently Asked Questions section is available for customers who require further information.
If you are having trouble downloading Trusteer Rapport, contact us and let us know.