Looking for something specific? Consider choosing a topic below.
Have something that you cant find the answer to here? Ask us directly.
Why should I use Escrow Manager?
Escrow Manager is a comprehensive service that eases the burden of managing escrow funds by allowing you to deposit funds into a single "master" checking account with Individual escrow "sub-accounts" maintained by the bank.
This eliminates the need to open numerous accounts for each individual escrow deposit and allows you to write checks out of a single "master" checking account.
Is IRS reporting provided?
Yes, all IRS reporting and 1099-INT forms will be mailed directly to your clients by the bank.
IOLA Accounts will not be sent 1099-INT forms
Do you have detailed instructions on how to open the escrow sub-accounts, make deposits into a sub-account, disburse funds out of a sub-account?
TO OPEN A NEW SUB-ACCOUNT
- Deposit the funds into your Escrow Manager Master Checking Account, using a regular business checking deposit ticket or through Remote Deposit.
- Complete the Escrow Manager New Sub-Account Setup Form
Attach a scanned copy of your client’s W-9 form*
If you are unable to scan, please mail the W-9 form to
Deposit Escrow Management Department Box 31
P.O. Box 460
Ithaca, NY 14851
*Please note: the sub-account will not be opened until we receive a completed W-9 form for each new sub-account requested. This does not apply to IOLA accounts.
- You will receive a confirmation email for each Sub-Account Transaction Form processed.
TO DEPOSIT ADDITIONAL FUNDS INTO AN EXISTING SUB-ACCOUNT
- Deposit the funds into your Escrow Manager Master Checking Account.
- Complete the Escrow Manager Sub-Account Deposit Form.
- You will receive a confirmation for each Sub-Account Deposit form submitted.
TO DISBURSE FUNDS FROM A SUB-ACCOUNT TO THE ESCROW MANAGER MASTER CHECKING ACCOUNT
- Contact our Deposit Escrow Management Department at 1-855-848-8696
- Write a check from the Escrow Manager Master Checking account to disburse the funds.
If you have any questions related to your Escrow Manager accounts please contact our Deposit Escrow Management Department at 1-855-848-8696.
Who do I contact if I have questions or need assistance with Escrow Manager?
Please contact the Deposit Escrow Management Department at 1-855-848-8696
Is there simplified reporting with Escrow Manager?
Yes, you will receive a monthly statement, listing all of the activity on the Escrow Manager Master Checking account and a comprehensive, consolidated monthly report that lists all sub-accounts and detailed transaction activity, balance and interest for each account.
This reduces a great deal of paperwork, assists with accounting and provides a detailed audit trail.
How do I enroll in Escrow Manager?
Just visit your local branch to open the Escrow Manager Master Checking account. You will receive a copy of the Escrow Manager Account Additional Terms, which outlines how the service works and your responsibilities.
How do I close a sub-account?
Follow the same procedure for dispersing funds, but indicate that the sub-account is to be closed on the Sub-Account Transaction form.
How do I request eStatements?
To sign up for E-Statements you must be enrolled with Online Banking.
- Login to Online Banking and Click E-statements.
- On the Enrollment screen, Click Enroll.
- Read the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- Click Accept to agree to the terms and conditions, otherwise click Decline.
- After accepting the terms and conditions, the account(s) will be displayed on the welcome screen.
Simply log in to Internet Banking, click "Accounts" and then click the "eStatements" button.
Just follow these simple steps. You must have an active Retail Online Banking account (Business Internet Banking customers must use the provided ACH Cash Management functions to be in compliance with NACHA authorization requirements):
- Log in to your Online Banking Account
- Click on “Transfer”
- Click on “Recipients”
- Click “Add a Recipient”
- Choose “An account at another bank or credit union”
- Choose “Continue to form”
- Print the form using your browser’s print function and complete and sign section
- Return your completed and signed form to us either by US Postal Service, fax or dropping off at your local branch
Outbound Transfers are effective on the later of (i) the next banking day after the Transfer Date (as shown on the Transfer screen), or (ii) such future date as You may have indicated in your Transfer request. The external account will be credited according to the receiving bank’s availability and transaction processing schedule. The cut off time for submitting a Transfer for same day processing is 3:00 p.m. ET each business day.
Inbound Transfers will be credited to your account on the day the Transfer is effective, and the funds may be subject to holds based on our Funds Availability Policy. Your external account will be debited according to the transactions processing schedule of the other financial institution.
What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking allows you to access most of the same information you view in Online Banking.
Is there a charge for Mobile Banking?
No, Mobile Banking is free to Online Banking customers. Your wireless telecommunications provider may charge you for data usage. Check with your provider for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage charges that may apply.
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
- Login to your Online Banking account and click the Other Services tab near the top of the screen. Then click MOBILE BANKING.
- Read the Mobile Banking Addendum to the Internet Banking Agreement. This contains the terms and conditions of use. Click “I Accept” and submit to continue.
- Click on the Enroll link and enter the requested details, including a Mobile Login ID that you select, your Mobile Number and the Mobile Password you select.
- Click Enroll.
- After you enroll, you will receive 2 text messages – the first requesting you to reply YES to finish your enrollment. The second will provide you with the URL for the Mobile Site.
- Once you reply with YES, you will receive 1 more text message – confirming your enrollment to SMS/text for Mobile Banking.
- (Tip: Bookmark our mobile site in your favorites and add the text number to your phone’s contact list so you can quickly access mobile banking without having to re-type it each time.)
Note: For Business Mobile Banking, the Internet Banking Administrator must assign mobile access through the Administration Tab.
What if the mobile app does not work on my Android phone?
The Android App is available for devices running on the Android operating system version 1.6 or greater.
Note: Our current Android App currently supports firmware version 1.6 and greater. To find out which firmware version you have on your Android device, please follow the steps provided here.
Can I access Mobile Banking from anywhere?
Mobile Banking may not be accessible or have limited abilities over some wireless networks (i.e. while roaming). The availability, timeliness and functionality of Mobile Banking will depend upon the location, wireless network availability and signal strength, plus the configuration of hardware, software and the wireless device.
What can I do to keep my information safe when Mobile Banking?
For your security, you should:
- Use a different Login for Online Banking than you do for Mobile Banking
- Set up nicknames to avoid having to send actual account numbers or other sensitive information via text message
- Delete all text messages from your mobile phone after viewing
- Keep your mobile device’s operating system up-to-date *For assistance, please contact the merchant where you purchased the mobile device or your mobile carrier.
- Install anti-malware software for Online browsing on your mobile device
- Click on the LOGOUT button after each Mobile Web Browser Banking session
- Use the mobile device’s Passcode/Password Screen Lock functionality, if available.
- Setup email alerts in Internet Banking to monitor account balances
- If using a smart phone, install an app that wipes your data remotely in case the device is lost or stolen.
- Not allow your mobile device to remember login credentials.
- Mobile Logins are not case sensitive but Passwords are.
- Challenge questions, images and phrases are the same ones used for Internet Banking
Can you have multiple mobile telephone numbers assigned to one online banking account?
No. You can only assign one mobile phone to each online banking account.
What number do I send text commands to?
How can I cancel my Mobile Banking service?
To cancel, login to your Online Banking account and click the Other Services tab and then click on the Mobile tab. Select Un-enroll to deactivate your account.
You can also text Stop All to 469228.
Does Mobile Banking require a smart phone?
No, you can do Mobile Banking from most phones. Non Smart phones can do SMS text only.
What do I need to enroll in Mobile Banking?
- Be enrolled in Online Banking
- Have a valid mobile phone and number
- Have a mobile device with Internet access via a browser and/or have text messaging enabled
- For mobile web browser you must have cookies enabled
How do I get the Tompkins Trust Company app for my iPhone/iPad?
On your mobile device, go to the App Store and search for Tompkins Trust Company Mobile. Select the app and press the FREE button. Although you will not be charged for the download, your carrier’s data charges may apply.
What is the Approval Option in the Business Mobile Banking App?
The Approval Option allows you to easily approve drafted transactions requiring authorization.
Is Mobile Banking secure?
Text Banking Security
Each text message request authenticates separately by checking that the mobile number of the device used to send the request corresponds to the device number registered for the user initiating the transaction.
Account values used by text commands are the account nicknames used within Internet Banking or masked account numbers. They do not contain any unmasked account numbers.
Web Browser Security
Mobile Web Browser Banking (XHTML) uses the same security infrastructure as Internet Banking including:
- HTTPS encryption with 128-bit AES public key encryption certificates for all traffic between the mobile device and the internet and Mobile Banking servers.
- Connection via secured-socket layer (SSL)
- No data or application pages are stored on the mobile device with each page being retrieved on-demand.
- Authentication is session-based using a Mobile Login; Mobile PIN and the same MFA (Multi Factor Authentication – which is our challenge question process) used for Internet Banking to authenticate the user for the duration of the browsing session.
- Mobile Password 3-Strike Lockout. You can unlock yourself by changing your Password within Internet Banking.
What should I do if I lose my phone?
As soon as you are aware that your phone is lost you should login to your Online Banking account and click Other Services tab and then click on the Mobile tab. Select Disable Mobile Access and this will deactivate your account. When you find your phone you can then reactivate the service. This will prevent anyone who finds the phone from attempting to access your account.
What happens if I change my phone number?
If you switch to a new mobile number, sign into your Online Banking account and click on the Other Services tab, Then click on the Mobile tab. Select Change Login Details. Change your phone number and select save.
How much will I be charged for each text received?
You will be charged the standard SMS rate from your provider (AT&T, Verizon, Cellular South etc.). Standard/other charges may apply. The Bank is not responsible for these charges.
Overdraft Courtesy may supplement your overdraft protection services:
Both Savings Overdraft Protection and an Overdraft Line of Credit are overdraft protection services to prevent overdrafts. When there aren’t enough funds available in your checking account to cover a transaction, funds are transferred from your savings account or credit line to prevent an overdraft, and there is a $10 transfer fee per transfer. If you Opt-In and there aren’t enough funds in your savings account or Overdraft Line of Credit to cover the transaction, we may, at our discretion, extend Overdraft Courtesy to pay it, and our standard $38 overdraft fee per item would be charged. If we don’t have your Opt-In on file, we will no longer be able to extend Overdraft Courtesy to approve an everyday debit card or ATM transaction when you don’t have enough funds available in checking, Savings Overdraft Protection, or an Overdraft Line of Credit to cover it. Regretfully, your transaction will be declined.
An overdraft item fee of $38 is charged each time we cover an overdraft that results in a negative end-of-day available balance.
Overdrafts may be created by check, recurring payment, transfer, withdrawal, Debit or ATM Bankcard transaction, or other electronic means.
Once an overdraft has occurred, you must bring your account to a positive balance within thirty (30) days for a minimum of 24 hours.
Whether your overdraft will be paid is at Tompkins Trust Company’s discretion, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if:
- You do not bring your account to a positive balance within every thirty (30) day period for a minimum of 24 hours
- You are in default on any loan or other obligation to Tompkins Trust Company
- You are subject to any legal or administrative order or levy
- Your use of the Overdraft Courtesy has been excessive or abusive
You can always change your mind and revoke your Opt-In at any time at your branch, by calling 1-888-273-3210, or by visiting www.tompkinstrust.com/revoke or by printing and mailing the completed revocation form to:
PO Box 460
Ithaca, NY 14851
What is Remote Deposit?
With Remote Deposit your business can scan and submit your check deposits electronically from the convenience of your place of business.
Do I Need to Buy Hardware to Use Remote Deposit?
There is no software to install, no computers to upgrade, and no PC to dedicate exclusively. All you need is a Windows PC with a high speed Internet connection, Microsoft Internet Explorer browser and the check scanner that we provide.
What Type of Computer Do I need?
Minimum system requirements are a computer running Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher, Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, a high speed Internet connection, and an available USB port for the scanner we provide.
Do I Need to Endorse the Back of Each Check?
No, the system will create a Virtual endorsement.
How Long Do I Keep the Checks?
Good practice would be to store the original checks in a secure location until you receive your bank statement that shows the deposit and then shred them.
Do I Need to Prepare a Deposit Ticket?
No. Our software will create an image of a deposit ticket for each deposit you make, and the image will be included on the checking account statement we mail you each month.
Can I Import Deposit Information Into Other Software?
Yes. Detailed information for each check in each deposit can be exported as a comma delimited file, with optional fields for customer numbers, invoice numbers, etc. The file can then be imported into any application software for automated reconciliation.
Why Should I Use Remote Deposit?
The service allows for faster deposits, more efficient collections, and tremendous convenience for you and your employees.
How Does Remote Deposit Work?
You accept check payments from your customers and simply scan and submit those checks securely over the Internet to Tompkins Trust Bank. We process your deposit as we would with physical checks.
Are My Deposits Available to Me Faster?
You can deposit as often as you like. Deposits made before 6pm (except for weekends and holidays) are credited to your account the next business day, subject to our normal funds availability policy.
Do I Need to Make a Copy of Each Check?
No. Once a check is scanned, you retain the original, for up to 30 days. A detailed report lists each check in the deposit, along with all of the information about the check. Good practice would be to retain the original checks, attached to a copy of the report.
What if a Check is Returned for Insufficient Funds?
We will return the image of the check to you in the mail, just the same as any paper check that is returned unpaid.
How Do I know if the Bank Has Received My Deposit?
When we process your deposit, an automated report will be sent back to you, and will appear on your report list. You will also see the deposit posted to your checking account when you sign on to Internet Banking.
What wire transfer services does Tompkins Trust Company offer?
We offer incoming and outgoing Domestic and International wire transfer services for Tompkins Trust Company customers. We are SWIFT connected to make international wire transfers safe and easy.
What information will I need to provide to the sending bank to receive a Domestic Wire Transfer to my account at Tompkins Trust Company?
You will need to provide the following to the sending bank;
Your Account Number
Tompkins Trust Company’s ABA Routing Number: 021302648
What information will I need to provide to the sending bank to receive an International Wire Transfer to my account at Tompkins Trust Company?
The sending bank will need the following information;
Your Account Number
Tompkins Trust Company’s SWIFT: TMPKUS33 (for further credit to Tompkins Trust Company; ABA 021302648)
Who do I contact if I can’t find the answer to my question?
What is SWIFT?
SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) is a member-owned cooperative through which the financial world conducts its business operations with speed, certainty and confidence. More than 8,300 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in more than 208 countries use SWIFT’s technologies to exchange millions of standardized financial messages – including international wire transfers.
What information will I need to provide to Tompkins Trust Company to send a Domestic Wire Transfer to another bank?
You will need to provide the following;
Beneficiary Address (must include the city and state)
Beneficiary Account Number
Receiving Bank ABA Routing Number: (9 digits)
What information do I need to provide to Tompkins Trust Company to send an International Wire Transfer to another bank?
You will need to provide the following;
Beneficiary Account Number
Receiving Bank SWIFT code (a combination of numbers and letters)